I received products for the purpose of this review. All opinions stated are 100% my own.
Chem – Dry The Natural Way to Cleaner Carpets
We have light beige carpets, grand children and dogs. Add these factors up and it equals DIRTY CARPETS. Unfortunately, my husband and I, both have allergies, and I suffer from asthma. This means that we need to clean even more often than the norm. The problem is…so many cleaning products make our allergies worse! This becomes a Catch 22. Yikes!
I know from experience that many carpet cleaning products leave behind residue that actually attracts more dirt. Wet carpet cleaners are expensive to buy, and a pain to rent – wrestling them in and out of your car, measuring shampoo and de-foamers and having to empty large containers of filthy water. Then, it can take a day or two to thoroughly dry. With Chem-Dry, there are none of these issues.
I was thrilled when I received the opportunity to try Chem-Dry carpet cleaning solutions.
Chem-Dry’s revolutionary carpet cleaning process uses carbonation and ingredients copied from Mother Nature for its core carbonating cleaning solution, The Natural. It’s called The Natural not just because it has an innate knack for getting out the toughest stains, but because it is made from ingredients whose equivalent can be found in nature. This carbonated cleaning solution is green and clean, requires less water than typical steam cleaning and works harder than most chemical-based carpet cleaners because it literally explodes the dirt and grime off of the carpet fiber surface. And because The Natural does not contain any soaps, detergents or any other harsh chemicals, so no soapy residues are left behind to attract dirt.
With Chem-Dry, carpets not only get cleaner, they stay cleaner longer. And you save money when your carpet stays cleaner longer because fewer cleanings means better value for your carpet cleaning investment. It also brings peace of mind from knowing that you and your family are living in a cleaner, healthier home.
Check out this video explaining how Chem-Dry works.
So, what it you don’t have a Chem-Dry dealer/service near you? Not to worry. You can purchase Chem-Dry products that you can easily use on your own. Not only do they work great, but they leave your carpet smelling really fresh. We are very pleased with all the products that we tried. They worked just as described… but I have to say that we especially love the Lemon Grove Carpet Deodorizer. It smells heavenly!
- Chem-Dry Carpet Stain Extinguisher Spot Remover
- Chem-Dry Grease & Oil Stain Remover (Specially designed to remove grease and oil based stains.)
- Chem-Dry Pet Odor Extinguisher (Removes FRESH Pet Urine Stains and Odor.)
- Chem-Dry Carpet Deodorizer (Apple Cinnamon) With Built – In Soil Resistance
- Chem-Dry Carpet Deodorizer (Lemon Grove) With Built – In Soil Resistance
There are some simple things that you can do, to help keep your home, upholstery and carpet cleaner.
- Install mats at all your entryways.
- If possible, don’t wear shoes inside your house. Keep baskets or boot trays just inside each door, and remove footwear upon entering.
- If you have furry pets,bathe them regularly (check with your veterinarian to see how often your pet should be bathed) and brush them every day, if possible.
- Vacuum carpets and upholstered furniture often.
- If at all possible use a vacuum with HEPA filter.
- Protect and allery-proof your bed with pillow and mattress covers.
- Regularly wipe down countertops and flat surfaces.
- Replace heating and air conditioning filters on a regular basis.
- Use window treatment that can be washed. Blinds collect a lot of dust.
A little bit about allergies:
- Did you know that 1 in 5 Americans suffer from allergies and asthma, or that indoor pollution in U.S. homes exceeds the levels of outdoor pollution by 2 to 100 times, depending on factors such as whether the residents smoke?*
- A used mattress can house 100,000 to 10 Million, yes I said MILLION, dust mites?**
- The dander of an animal, cases more allergic reactions than the animals fur***, or that cat dander is the most common pet allergy*?
Keeping your home as clean as possible can help to reduce allergy reactions and symptoms. To help you get started on a cleaner, healthier home, Chem-Dry is holding a Spring Into a Healthier Home Contest on Facebook!
* Information from AAFA, **CDC and ***MedicineNet