Double bubble, toil and trouble… Great Halloween decorating ideas for your home!
My friend Amanda likes Halloween more than Christmas and she decorates everything. She inspires me every year with her spooky vignettes.
Amanda has assembled a fantastic collection of black and white pieces that go together to make up a cohesive look that is both whimsical and sophisticated (well…sophisticated for Halloween). She has an eye for the spook, and has made even seemingly un-spooky things a little scary.
Two ravens and a colony of bats have found a home in one corner of the living room. Sort of like a partridge in a pear tree. No need to mar the walls, just use a removable tape.
Now if you live in Florida, and you have a heart condition, perhaps this is not the decoration for you.
Are you feeling a little Kafka-ish? I know I am. He didn’t write The Metamorphosis to be a spooky book, but this chapter heading sure looks like it.
Here are a few quick changes you can make.
* Black throw pillows-I have some in my bedroom. I just move them to the family room.
* A black throw (to go with the pillows). Yep, I’ve got one of those too.
* A candelabra with drippy candles
* Scary mantle photo, kind of like the one at Disney’s Haunted Mansion. Put it in a frame and voila.
* Haunted house pic with the words “home sweet home”
Are you feeling a little Poe-ish, I know I am! Soooo many ravens.