This post is sponsored by Wellness® and the BlogPaws® Pet Influencer Network™. I am being compensated to help share information about the Wellness® CORE® RawRev™ raw food dog food but Beautiful Touches only share information we feel is relevant to our readers. Neither Wellness or PetSmart are responsible for the content of this article.
Summer fun isn’t just for those with two legs. Our pets can also enjoy the warm months too. What is key, is to be sure that your furbaby is healthy and safe, no matter what the season. With Wellness® CORE® RawRev™, your pet will have a head start on good health, so the fun can begin.
Why Wellness CORE RawRev? I have been interested in raw feeding, but was reluctant for several reasons. Feeding raw was scary. First – the saftey aspect. Second, the hastle. Third…I didn’t even know how to start. With Wellness CORE RawRev (we get our food at PetSmart), every hurdle was removed. Gabe and Poe can have the benefits of eating high protein raw meat at each feeding, without me having to put in any work! They love the taste and are thriving on their new diet.
About Wellness CORE RawRev
- Easily add raw easily and safely to each and every meal
- High Protein, grain free kibble with 100% raw meat pieces.
- Convenient, safe and easy way to incorporate raw food into your dog’s diet.
High protein for lean body mass and muscle tone. Supports whole-body health and longevity.
Glucosamine and Chondroitin for strong joints.
Being in optimal health, means we can all enjoy the summer more.
Since we live in a very hot humid area, and they are senior dogs… we do have to take some extra precautions. Heat can be a killer. Older dogs, brachycephalic dogs (dogs with smushed up faces) young puppies, overweight dogs, nursing “moms”, and dogs with medical problems, can be more affected by the heat. Whether at home or traveling during the summer, please take care.
Here are some tips to keep your pet the safest possible.
- ALWAYS have plenty of fresh clean water available.
- Limit the amount of time in direct sun. Provide shade that is easily accessible.
- Make sure that your four legged family members are up to date on all immunizations and that they are on a heart worm preventative.
- Be mindful of pests – check often for ticks and fleas. Use flea and tick preventative when recommend by your veterinarian.
- Pavement gets HOT. It can burn your pets paws. If you can’t walk comfortably without shoes, then think twice before having your pups walking on those same surfaces.
- If you will be around bodies of water, be sure to watch for dangers. (Fresh Water: snakes, alligators, snapping turtles, broken glass, etc. Salt Water: sting rays, jelly fish, sea urchins, etc.) If your pet isn’t a great swimmer, use a pet life vest. If on a boat ALWAYS ues a pet life vest.
- When traveling with your pets, be sure to keep copies of their up to date veterinary records with you. Keep them in a plastic zip top bag, tucked inside a Pet First Aid Kit
Since Gabe is my Service Dog, he always goes with me – to stores, restaurants, hotels…even to doctor appointments. (I don’t take him with me when I go to the hair and nail salons. The chemicals used there are quite strong, and with his sensitive nose it can become too much.) I keep a bag (sometimes a tote and sometimes a backpack) for him that goes with us whenever we leave the house. This would be a great thing for all pet owners to have at the ready – for summer travel, trips to the vet / groomer / daycare or boarding facility.
Pet Bag Contents
- Soft Mat
- Poop Bags
- Wet Wipes
- Extra Slip Leash
- Small Trash Bags
- Disinfectant Wipes
- PET FIRST AID KIT Pet First Aid PDF
- Collapsible Food and Water Bowls
- When traveling – Wellness CORE RawRev (depending on the length of time that we are traveling, food is kept in either a plastic cereal container, or in single servings in zip top bags.)
Feed your pets well, plan for them to have fun with you…and Join the Raw Revolution this summer! Visit Petsmart and Buy one get one 50% off 2-5lb.bag.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Wellness®. The opinions and text are all mine. Comments submitted may be displayed on other websites owned by the sponsoring brand.