St. Patrick’s Send them out the door ready for a great day!
Rainbows, pots of gold, leprechauns, green everything….When I think about St. Patrick’s Day these things come to mind. As I said in my last post, sometimes I haven’t been prepared for the holiday. Here is an idea for sending your family out the door ready to enjoy a fun day. Start the day green.
I love to have a green smoothie in the morning. Spinach and kale can be pared with bananas, granny smiths, pears, pineapple, or if you don’t mind O.D. green just about any kind of fruit. For kids, it’s a great way to get them to eat their veggies, but some kids will still turn up their noses at this sweet treat. If you introduce them to a green shake or smoothie on St. Patrick’s Day, they might just keep asking for them everyday.
Another fun breakfast food is toad in the hole (toast with a hole cut out of the middle for frying an egg). If you don’t have a shamrock cookie cutter, a heart will work fine. Just cut once then overlay the cookie cutter to cut two more hearts and you have a shamrock. Don’t stop there, if you have some green to put on your table make a “greenscape.” I added a toad to mine.
For more St. Patrick’s Day and Irish ideas, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Irish Dublin Coddle Recipe from Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Green Shamrock Gummy Candy by This Mama Loves
- Enjoy a Simple Irish Meal featuring Shepherd’s Pie by Day by Day in Our World
- Irish Skeleton Key Necklace by The Socialite’s Closet
- Mint Shower Scrub Bridal Party Favor by A Bride on a Budget
- Skinny Shamrock Shake by Jen Around the World
- Shamrock Smoothie Creation by 2Boys+1Girl=OneCrazyMom
- Mint Chocolate Fluff by Mom on the Side
- Leprechaun Hat Cupcakes by Kids Fun Reviewed
- St. Patrick’s Day Wreath – Dollar Store DIY by MommaDJane
- Lucky Rustic Wall Hanging: A Paint Stick Craft by Food Fun Family
- Green Tea & Peppermint Sea Salt Foot Scrub by Sincerely Mindy
- Matcha Pear Green Smoothie by Upstate Ramblings
- Chocolate Avocado Cupcakes by How Was Your Day?
- DIY Shamrock Tree by Simply Southern Mom
- Easy St. Patrick’s Day Brownies by Mom Does it All
- No Bake Mini Mint Oreo Cheesecake by Sugar Spice and Family Life
- Mini Banofee Pie by Beyond Mommying
- Green Smoothies for St. Patrick’s Day by Family Focus Blog
- Leprechaun Bark by sweet lil you
- Good Luck Vintage Cab Ring by Style on Main