You can find plenty of sources of advice and guidance through the divorce process. Free and paid, online and offline, from experienced divorcee or legal divorce online service, qualitative help will be necessary to go through one of the most challenging life periods.
Many people in divorce find it useful to read books on the relationship-related topics. A well-chosen book can change your life for the better and help you cover the divorce troubles easier.
Review the 10 best books on divorce and pick out the one suitable for you.
To Initiate the Divorce
Before you commence the process, you have to be sure that you are on the right way. The way you begin the marriage termination may define the outcomes. So, pick a good contemplating divorce book and be confident about your further steps:
- Too Good To Leave, Too Bad to Stay – Mira Kirshenbaum helps you analyze your marriage and make the right choice. The author encourages the readers to ask and answer marriage and divorce-related questions so that they understand whether divorce is the best solution for their particular situation.
- Conscious Uncoupling – Katherine Woodward Thomas is a follower of the latest divorce trend, conscious uncoupling. She explains in simple words how it is possible to rearrange the divorce to terminate your marriage in an amicable, kind, and compassionate way.
These and many other books will allow you to set the best suitable tone for your divorce process and grant the highest chances for success in the end.
To Manage the Process
In-process guidance is of the same importance as thorough preparation. So, your next step is to read books on dealing with divorce process.
- Divorce Made Simple – advice from the former judge Linda Schoonover is the best guidance for representing yourself in a family court, choosing between mediation and collaboration, and preparing for every single step of the divorce procedure. Linda gives simple but practical and case-specific tips for you to implement for beneficial outcomes.
- The Financially Smart Divorce – J.A. Licciardello reminds you of the significance of the financial outcomes of your divorce. The author helps you go through the division of the assets with a cold head and heart and guarantee an economically stable present and prospering future.
- Onward and Upward – Cari B. Rincker, Esq., observes and discusses a long list of family law issues together with other in-field specialists. They peak into a range of marriage and divorce-related topics and give assessment and advice for the top common cases. This can become a lawful guide for your divorce process.
Top divorce books will allow you to manage your divorce even without an attorney’s help and terminate your marriage without hurdles. Still, if your divorce has any complications, you’d better cooperate with the relevant specialists to deal with the situation until it gets irreversible.
To Heal Your Heart
Books on surviving divorce are usually on the top of popularity among divorce-related books. They are intended to motivate, inspire, and encourage divorcees to go through the drastic changes in their life and preserve their emotional and mental health as well as heal their hearts. Check out the books that might be useful for you:
- Getting Past Your Breakup – Susan J. Elliott grants you a step-by-step guide on how to turn your loss and grief into a benefit for your life. She teaches how to concentrate on yourself and leave your ex in your past so that you can heal from the breakup and move on to a happy future.
- The Power of Now – Eckhart Tolle teaches the reader to live and treasure the present moment. You will let your past go, stop concentrating on negativity and invest your energy in getting satisfaction and being happy with the ongoing moment and simple things you have.
- You Can Heal Your Life – as the name stipulates, Louise Hay tells the readers about the simple strategies to change their life after divorce for the better. The author is sure that we create joy and sorrow in our lives on our own so the way we act and the choices we make predetermine our happiness or its lack. Louise shares a useful way of dealing with obstacles and building up inner power.
Properly selected books can grant you qualitative therapy and help you heal from a divorce and heartbreak you have experienced.
To Care About Children
What the best books on divorce should include are tips on caring about your children. Kids are more vulnerable during divorce than adults. You need to choose a unique approach so that your children go through their family breaking apart with the least possible damage.
- Talking to Children about Divorce – Jean McBride, a practicing therapist, discloses the working tips on talking to your children about divorce. He reveals how sincere and encouraging conversations help children cope with their parents break up.
- Co-Parenting Works – Tammy G. Daughtry teaches divorced parents to cooperate and handle their responsibilities successfully for the sake of their kids. Organize your co-parenting efficiently with handy tips and strategies proposed by the author.
Remember to prioritize your kids and their wellness in divorce and exploit the working tips from the top divorce books.
Get self-educated with divorce-related books on the different aspects of your marriage termination and use the best guidelines to change your life for the better in the end.