Dressing up for events can be a lot of fun, but it can also be really stressful. What do you wear? What shoes go with what outfit? Will I have time to get my hair and make-up done before the event starts? These are all difficult questions that we often don’t know how to answer.
The good news is that there are many easy ways to dress up for events without having to stress out too much about your appearance!
To give you some ideas, here are a few tips on how you can look stylish even if you’re running late:
- Pick out a dress that matches the event’s theme: Most events have a pre-planned theme, so you can save time by looking for a dress that matches the event. For example, if it’s an outdoor party, wear something easy to remove, like shorts or cutoffs with your favorite summer shirt in case the weather changes! For weddings, choose wedding appropriate clothing such as lace skirts and jumpsuits. If you don’t have outfits suitable to the theme, then go for something that’s easy to dress up, like a chic jumpsuit with heels.
- Check if you look in a proper shape: This one seems easy, but it can be hard to actually do. You might find that you look in the mirror and realize that there’s something wrong with your outfit or hair only after taking a selfie for the event! This is why we recommend looking at yourself before leaving the house. If you need to fix anything immediately, then carry SPF, bobby pins, lipstick and mascara with you everywhere, just in case. For flaunting bold clothes confidently, you can get shapewear from boobhold.com to keep your body in shape and look flawless.
- Wear your hair down in loose waves for an elegant look: If you’re running late, just skip the hair and make-up steps! Instead of doing a complicated updo or too much makeup, wear your hair in easy waves. If it’s an outdoor event, use bobby pins to create messy bunches that still look chic.
If you can’t do anything else like braids or curls, then don’t stress out about how perfect the updo is; instead, go for easy beach waves or messy bunches. This will help you feel more comfortable if there’s still time before the event starts.
- Add some jewelry to make your outfit pop: If you’re running late to an event, don’t fret about whether or not your makeup is perfect! Instead of spending a lot of time on finer details like eyeshadow and eyeliner, add some easy jewelry. This will keep things from being too plain while still giving you that polished look. Add a necklace or earrings for an easy and quick way to dress up your outfit. Plus, it’s easy to add jewelry on the go. Pick up a pair of earrings and fix them in your ears before you leave!
- Choose something sparkly: Pick out one piece in your closet that’s really special – either it’s super-sparkly or just really pretty. Adding this item can make everything else seem more elegant if you’ve been feeling overwhelmed by how simple all these easy outfit ideas are! You can also layer a sparkly necklace over an easy piece of clothing for more glam or add a statement ring to spice things up.
- Let the dress speak for itself: If you’re wearing something really nice and fancy-looking like a cocktail dress that’s safe enough to wear alone but would look even better with some jewelry added on top, then go ahead! But if it looks too plain without any accessories – just let it be dressed up by how luxurious the fabric is. It’ll look amazing either way! You can also try adding a belt or scarf for easy accessorizing.
- Pair your dress with heels: If you’re wearing an outfit that’s more casual than formal, it may be worth pairing up the look with some cute heels. This will make everything seem less like “just-rolled-out-of-bed” and more put together! Just remember to have a pair of flats at home in case you need them later on too! Or, take the easy route and just wear some flats. It’ll still look great!
- Rock a blazer over something simple: A lot of people underestimate how easy it is just to throw on a blazer and call it a day (ha!). But this is actually one of my favorite ways to get dressed up quickly because I always know where my black suit jacket is hanging from – so why not use it?
This is the perfect easy-to-throw outfit for when you’re running out of time and need to get ready quickly. Plus, it’s easy to personalize! Just swap your blazer with any other item in your closet that has a similar shape or style.
- Get the right makeup: When you’re running late, it’s easy to cut corners on your make-up routine. But the truth is that taking a few extra minutes for some easy makeup can go a long way – and will also help you feel more confident about how you look! If you have selected a dark outfit, then make sure to choose dark lipstick and go easy on how much you apply. Contrarily, if you have selected a light outfit, then it’s easy to apply some eye make-up and lipstick.
- Put on some perfume before heading out: When you’re rushing out the door, it’s easy to forget those last few steps. But a quick spritz of perfume is just about all that you’ll need to complete your outfit – and will make sure that people notice how well put-together you are! It will not only make you feel more confident, but it will also make everyone else around you happy.
- Carry a clutch: It’s easy to forget your purse or just not have enough time to grab it. To ensure that you’re still ready for an event when running late, always carry a clutch with you in case of emergencies! With this, you will be able to carry your makeup essentials that help to add a last-minute touch up once you reach the event. Additionally, a stylish clutch will instantly amp up your outfit and will make sure that people notice how well put-together you are!
The best way to make sure that you’re ready for an event, no matter how last-minute the planning may be, is by taking easy steps to look put together. Try out these tips and tricks to find easy ways of dressing up for events on the fly!