Good Fun and Eats on St. Patty’s Day! Looking for some “Craig”
If you’re having a St. Patty’s Day get together, we have a few ideas to make your party delicious and festive. Whether hosting a party for kids or adults, good food is always a hit. Even if you are a hard line traditionalist you’ll enjoy these change-ups on the usual Irish tastes. How about some bubble and squeak dip?
St. Patty’s Day twist on Irish soda bread.
Start with a good traditional recipe. I used the Land O’ Lakes recipe, which I found online. I prepared the dough according to directions, then I cut it into three pieces. Instead of adding currants or raisins while kneading, I flattened out the three pieces into 6″ circles. Then, I mixed 1/2 cup of plumped raisins, 2 tablespoons of softened butter and 3 tablespoons of brown sugar, I placed the first circle onto a greased cookie sheet and drizzled half of the raisin and brown sugar mixture over it and topped it with the second dough circle. I repeated this one more time then pinched the sides to seal the loaf, cut an X shape in the top and dusted with sanding sugar. (Hint. If you decide to make this, be generous with the sanding sugar, it makes a really great top crust.) Baked according to recipe directions. This bread is best when served fresh out of the oven.
If you’re sending invitations, there are many great ideas online. I like to keep a theme going from start to finish, so I reflect of the decorations on the invite.
Here is a great idea I found from the group’s previous post (Simply Southern Mom). I loved her shamrock tree, so I did a version for the mantle.
Last but not least, an idea for table decorations.
Disclaimer: This post was not sponsored, and no products were provided.
For more St. Patrick’s Day entertainment, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Books About Irish Hauntings You Need to Read by In Our Spare Time
- Fun Movies to Watch for St. Patricks Day by philZENdia
- St. Patrick’s Day Scavenger Hunt by Food Fun Family
- Great Movies Set in Ireland by How Was Your Day?
- 5 Irish Non-Fiction Books for St. Patrick’s Day by Mom Does it All
- St. Patrick’s Day Books for Toddlers by Mom on the Side
- How to Plan an AMAZING Last Minute St. Patrick’s Day Party by OurFamilyWorld
- 5 Beautiful Adult Celtic Coloring Books by Pretty Opinionated
- Printable St. Patrick’s Day Word Search by MommaDJane
- Movies that Induce Irish Catholic Guilt by The Guavalicious Life
- Get Your Irish on With These Bands by Day by Day In Our World