Holidays allow you plenty of time to replenish both your body and mind. Considering the fast-paced, demanding lifestyle that the majority of people lead these days, it’s easy to understand why holidays have become such imperative aspects of self-care.
Here are 4 signs you need a holiday…
That you really need to get away for a bit, as well as a few inspiring ideas in terms of where to go.
You’re starting to show physical signs of stress
In certain cases, stress can transform into more than just a mental and emotional issue. When allowed to exist for extended periods, it can start to present itself in the form of physical symptoms too. For example, you may find yourself struggling with fatigue, experiencing digestive problems, or suffering from persistent headaches. All of these symptoms are signs that it’s time for a holiday – and fast!
You’re overwhelmed by small upsets
If you notice that the smallest upset or change in plans sends you into a panic, or that you’re set off by tiny irritations, that’s a good indication that you could do with a break. Often, the worries and concerns of daily life can accumulate until you no longer have the capacity to take on any more. When this happens, it’s important to take some time out to release the tension, breathe, and refresh your mindset.
You can’t remember the last time you went on holiday
The majority of mental health experts recommend that people take at least one holiday per year and that the holiday lasts a minimum of eight days in order to have the desired effect on mental health and well-being. If you can’t remember the last time you enjoyed a hard-earned getaway, now is the time to make it happen!
You’re struggling to be productive
Do you find it challenging to get out of bed in the morning? Do you find yourself battling to concentrate when trying to get work done at the office? Perhaps you no longer even have the attention span necessary to get through an episode of your favorite series? These are all signs that you are starting to experience mental strain. A lengthy break somewhere beautiful and relaxing is sure to leave you feeling motivated, productive, and energetic once again.
Where to go?
So, you have established that a holiday is much-needed. Now comes the really exciting part – deciding where to go and actually planning your getaway. Here are some ideas to help get you started…and be sure to check if you need a passport renewal!
Lanzarote is one of the Canary Islands and is a firm favorite holiday destination thanks to its warm weather that soothes and welcomes travelers all year round. It’s the ultimate beach holiday destination with a fair bit of adventure thrown in as well:
- Where to stay: If you’re keen to make the most of holidays in Lanzarote, it’s definitely worthwhile considering staying in a villa. There are high-end, luxurious villas all over Lanzarote, including in Playa Blanca, Puerto Calero, and Tias. They will allow you to enjoy plenty of privacy without having to fight with hotel guests over who gets the lounger next to the pool!
- What to do: Aside from spending hours lazing around on the sparkling beaches, there’s also the opportunity to take part in a variety of thrilling water sports, such as diving or surfing. Fishing trips and dolphin watching are popular too. Furthermore, families will love visiting the Aquapark Costa Teguise water park.
Crete is arguably one of the most sought-after Greek islands. This is often due to its secluded beaches, although it is also renowned for its vibrant nightlife and mesmerizing historical sites. It is another paradise for those in search of the perfect beach holiday, chock-full of sun, sand, and sea.
- Where to stay: Crete is another destination where you’ll find a host of gorgeous villas just waiting to become your home away from home. Most of these villas can be found very close to the island’s best beaches, too.
- What to do: You will obviously want to spend the majority of your time topping up your tan – but that’s not all that the island of Crete has to offer. Savor a decent dose of adventure by embarking upon a hike across the dramatic mountains or booking a scenic drive to get a closer look at the mind-blowing seascape. You’ll also have the opportunity to indulge in plenty of swimming, snorkeling, and other water sports.
El Gouna is a hidden gem in Egypt near the Red Sea. The contemporary resort town allows for the ultimate combination holiday. You will enjoy both a memorable desert adventure and a laid-back beach getaway. Year-round sunshine is practically a guarantee, and it’s a top consideration for both romantic holidays for two, as well as family holidays with the kids in tow.
- Where to stay: El Gouna is no stranger to luxury hotels and guesthouses. It is also packed full of stunning villas offering spectacular views of the Red Sea and its sandy surrounds. The majority of the villas can be found nearby or directly on the shores of El Gouna beach, allowing for easy access whenever you fancy a dip in the tepid waters.
- What to do: Once again, you’re sure to be spending plenty of time soaking up the sun and wiggling your toes in the powdery beach sand. Along with that, travelers will also get the chance to embark upon relaxing boat trips or take some lessons in paddle-boarding. Other popular activities include playing golf on the perfectly manicured golf courses in the region, horse riding, and, of course, taking in the incredible scenery on an extensive desert safari. Be sure to consider booking the desert safari at sunset so that you’ll have the opportunity to take in the beauty of the expansive, twinkling night sky above. It’s certain to be a highlight of your holiday!
Nothing is stopping you from savoring the time away, so ahead and book your flights and accommodation now! You deserve it.