Disclaimer: This product was received from Xootr for review purposes only. All thoughts and words in this post are those of the writer, who was not paid to endorse it. Only personal opinions are voiced about the product.
Imagine you have to do most of your traveling in short distances but you’re still pressed for time, like say from one end of a huge campus to the other. If you drive to school, it probably wouldn’t make a whole lot of sense to bring your bike with you even if it’s to cut down on traveling time. So you just book it from one end to the other lugging heavy texts or expensive equipment that replaces the heavy text and you get to start your next class tired or perturbed. Or, let’s say you do bring a bicycle with you! Hopefully your car can accommodate the rack or maybe you’ve purchased a bike to fit the racks available. Then you lose time trying to find a safe place to put it or even drive it while on campus.
Worry not, my friends! Xootr is an adult scooter that was designed for ease of use and portability. The Xootr MG is made of solid magnesium, cutting the product weight down to 10 lbs, and the team of engineers made a few slick changes to their pin and place methods- making tucking the scooter away more efficient and (with practice) basically hands-free! Not only is the Xooter highly efficient in space management, this will surely cut down your travel time with their self-lubricating bearings, making for fast anti-friction wheels.
Check out the Xootr MG specs!
- Deck (platform): Powder coated solid cast magnesium
- Anti-slip: CNC machined dots
- Frame construction: Cast aluminum
- Wheels: 180 mm diameter, ultra-low-resistance polyurethane tire (black) on die cast aluminum rims
- Bearings: Shielded, self-lubricating R8ZZ bearings
- Grips: Black conformal foam (ergonomic, gel padded grips available)
- Folding mechanism: QuickClick™ Latch
- Handlebar: TIG-welded 4130 steel
- Brake: Front brake with BMX-style brake lever. Additional rear brake available.
- Wheel diameter: 7.1 inches (180 mm)
- Wheelbase: 28.3 inches (720 mm)
- Overall length (deployed): 35.4 inches (900 mm)
- Folded dimensions: 31.1 inches L x 9.4 inches H x 12.6 inches W (at handlebar) (790mm L x 240mm H x 320mm W)
- Min handlebar height: 25 inches (635 mm) from the deck
- Max handlebar height: 38 inches (965 mm) from the deck, accomodating adults up to 6′ 7″ (201cm)
- Max deck width: 7.4 inches (187 mm)
- Max deck length: 25.0 inches (635 mm)
- Max rider weight: Over 800 lbs (363 kgs)
- Weight: 10.9 lbs (4.9 kgs)
Xootr scooters are proudly built and sold by the folks at Xootr LLC. The members of the Xootr team have created products for dozens of great companies including Apple Computer, Hewlett-Packard, and Motorola. We now focus our energies on designing and manufacturing fun, socially and environmentally friendly products for our own company. Unlike some businesses out there, Xootr actually designs and manufactures the products it sells. There’s no smoke and mirrors here, just a desire to provide the best possible products and service.
The benefits of getting yourself or a loved one a Xooter extends past being practical and can also be as simple as being a fun and nostalgic gift. Now here’s a design of one of our favorite portable transportation that has metamorphosed over the years along with us!