Fun Wacky and Trivial Days Feb. 9th – Feb. 14th…
And some days that aren’t so trivial!
Monday February 8th
- Clean Out Your Computer Day – Cause no one likes a computer that’s dirty!
- Opera Day – Who is your favorite composer…Verdi, Mozart or perhaps,Wagner?
- Laugh and Get Rich Day – Ha-ha, all the way to the bank.
- Molasses Bar Day – That’s treacle if you live in the UK.
- Kite Flying Day – Let’s go fly a kite up to the highest heights. (Now you’ll be singing that in your head all day!)
- Boy Scout Day – The BSA was founded in 1910.
- Chinese New Year – It’s the Year of the Monkey!
Tuesday February 9th
- Toothache Day – OUCH
- Stop Bullying Day – Seriously, every day should be Stop Bullying Day.
- Read in the Bathtub Day – With bubbles, and chocolate and soothing music.
- Extraterrestrail Culture Day – This one is totally alien to me.
- Mardi Gras/Fat Tuesday – Also know as Shrove Tuesday. This is the last day before the beginning of Lent.
Wednesday February 10th
- Plimsol Day – In honor of Samuel Plimsol, who, while in Parliament, championed for the safety of sailors.
- Umbrella Day – Bumbershoot, brolly or Gamp…not matter what you call it, it’s good to have one when it rains!
- Ash Wednesday – The first day of Lent – a season for fasting and prayer.
Thursday February 11th
- White Shirt Day – Marks the end of a union strike on General Motors back in 1937.
- Get Out Your Guitar Day – Strum those strings.
- Make a Friend Day – Thank you for being my friend!
- Pro Sports Wives Day – The women behind the athletes.
- Don’t Cry Over Spilled Milk Day – Don’t waste your time worrying about things that just aren’t all that important.
- National Inventors Day –
Friday February 12th
- Lost Penny Day – See a penny…pick it up.
- Plum Pudding Day – Hasn’t nary a plum in the ingredients.
- Darwin Day – Celebrate the birth of Charles Darwin. Any excuse to eat cake…that’s what I say!
- Abraham Lincoln’s birthday – The 16th president of the United States of America. Woo-hoo, more cake!
Saturday February 13th
- Tortellini Day – Little pillows of pasta joy.
- World Whale Day – Have a whale of a time today.
- Employee Legal Awareness Day – Know your rights and handle them with great care.
- Get a Different Name Day – But don’t tell your mom, cause it will break her heart.
- Madly in Love With Me Day – Love yourself today.
- World Radio Day – Celebrate the radio and a whole lot more.
Sunday February 14th
- Pet Theft Awareness Day – Chip your pet today!
- Ferris Wheel Day – Invented by bridge builder George Washington Gale Ferris Jr. in 1893.
- World Marriage Day – The union of a couple who pledge their love for one another.
- Creamed – Filled Chocolates Day – Need I say more?
- National Donor Day – Give the gift of life!
- International Book Giving Day – Share your favorite book with a young reader.
- Happy Valentine’s Day