“This post is sponsored by Nutrish. I am being compensated to spread the word about the Nutrish What a Shelter Dog Needs Pin it to Win it Contest, but Libby’s Library only shares information we feel is relevant to our readers.”
I’m a sucker when it comes to adopting from a shelter. My Service Dog, Gabe, was rescued on the day that he was scheduled to be put down. He has been such a true blessing in my life, and I will be forever grateful to the wonderful woman who adopted him, trained him, then invited me into her home, so that she could work with us together.
There are so many wonderful cats and dogs that are in need of forever homes. The shelters across the nation are filled to capacity.
If you are considering adding a pet(s) to your family, please think first about adopting from a shelter.
Take your responsibilities as a pet owner seriously. Be sure that you are ready for the long term commitment of adding a pet to your home – both financially and with your time and attention. Adopt with the understanding that the dog or cat that you’ve adopted may have been previously abused. Patience, consistency and ONLY POSITIVE REINFORCEMENT should be used. Ask questions. Learn about the different breeds, and try to find one (or a good mix) that fits your family’s lifestyle. Realize that even big Dogs can live in apartments, little dogs can be “yappy”, some breeds are better with children, than others, and dogs need exercise!
The benefits of owning a pet far outweigh that responsibilities!
Pin It To Win It with Nutrish, is just one of the wonderful ways that Nutrish helps out shelter dogs across the nation. Rachael Ray is a true dog lover, and does such amazing work to help animals in need. I’m thrilled to be a part of this campaign!
Check out my What a Shelter Dog Needs Pinterest Board, then create your own.
Pin it to Win it with Nutrish!
You could win FREE Nutrish dog food for one year!*
- Create a Pinterest Board and title it “What an adopted shelter dog needs”
- Use the Pin it to Win it image above as your board’s cover pin.
- Pin 1 pin from Nutrish’s board “Reasons to Adopt” board (link provided above)
- Pin 1 pin from Nutrish’s board “Nutrish Products” board (link provided above)
- Pin 1 pin linking to the ASPCA 100k Challenge (link provided above)
- Pin 2 pins of items that you believe a newly adopted dog would enjoy and need. These pins are up to you and can be any type of toy or necessity, like a food bowl, a leash, etc.
- Leave a link to your Nutrish “What an adopted shelter dog needs” board in the comment section of this blog and enter through the rafflecopter below. Be sure to check out how you can earn extra entires! (Several blogs are hosting this contest. As long as the Rafflecopter appears on the blog your comment with the link to your board qualifies.)
* Free Nutrish dog food for one year is the equivalent of two 14 lbs bags of food per month provided to the winner via coupons good at local retailer selling Nutrish.