One of the biggest transitions or change takes place when someone is about to retire. Unlike other life-changing occasions like the birth of a baby or one graduating from college, retirement is something which is quite less celebrated. But to speak of it should be celebrated in the manner which the retired person remembers for the rest of his/her lives. It needs to be celebrated by bringing the restored man/woman’s best bunch of people together by serving them some delicious finger foods and over a retirement cake, which one can bake or order cake online from some reputable bakery. But what is making you give a thought is to figure out what you can possibly gift to that person. Isn’t it? To help you figure out the same, we have a few thoughtful yet funny retirement gift ideas which we would love to share with you.
Keep reading to find out about these thoughtful retirement gift Ideas.
- Antique Gold Pocket Watch – Some old gifts stills remain to be gold in its appeal. And one such retirement perfect gift would be a gold pocket watch with some antique appeal in it. It’s a token of sophistication and quality craftsmanship which symbolizes the years of service of the retired man/woman. It is a classic retirement gift which is a symbolic reminder of the retiree’s passage of time in the years of service. You can get a gold pocket watch at some antique store or even at some online gift stores.
- Mobile Phone – A new mobile phone will help the retiree to stay updated with all his/her colleagues at work when he/she now won’t be able to see their beautiful faces daily. It will help the person who is retiring to stay connected with all the workplace gossips and other updates over Whatsapp and other mobile applications. With the help of a mobile phone and with a decent internet connection in it, one can even virtually meet their work buddies via various video calling apps.
- Leisure Activity Essentials – Think about some hobby which the retiree mentioned that he/she would love to do once he/she retires. Was it to go fishing or to play golf? Or was it to read some magazines or novels? On his/her retirement day, you can think of pampering him/her with those very things to keep him/her engaged in his/her leisure time. Gift him/her what he/she will love! If you aren’t sure, obviously you can gift that person a gift card from Amazon/ eBay to help him/her pick his favorite hobby essential on his/her own.
- Basket Full Of Board Games – Now that the person is about to retire that means he/she will have ample time to bond with his/her family members and play some board games with their grandchildren. So you can absolutely think of clubbing 5-6 board games and make it into a hamper to present it as your token of thoughtful gifting. You can purchase an already customized basket full of board games or can individually customize it, as per your choice.
- Personalized Gift – We bet you had some special heartwarming memories with the person, who is about to retire. Bring back those good, old days for him/her as you get a beautiful picture of you both printed on some personalized gift like a personalized cushion, personalized photo frame, personalized night lamps, personalized travel/bar accessory, etc. You can additionally think of engraving some quirky, funny short message over it to make it extra special.
So, what’s your pick gonna be?