This post contains affiliate links.
I’m a card giver. I’ve been know to send thank you cards, thanking people for their thank you cards to me! So it’s a given that I make Valentines cards.
Valentines DIY Cards
Before I go any further, I need to let you know that I’m an independent Stampin’ Up! demonstrator. I’m a bit prejudice when it comes to certain craft supplies.
We have a fabulous line up of great products for all occasions, year round.
So, on to my cards. I’ve been really busy, so I needed some cards that could be put together in a flash.
I think that this one is perfect for my friends who are into social media!
For a more traditional look.
Isn’t it cute! I used the new Bow Builder Punch. It’s so much fun.
To make the First card, I cut a piece of 8 1/2 x 11 Card stock in half, on the long side. Then I score it at 4 1/4.
I cut “mats” from Crisp Cantaloupe, Calypso Coral, and Stacked With Love Designers Series Paper . I layered them one on top of the other, with a small accent strip from the same set. I stamped the sentiment on a scrap piece of card stock and then punched it out with the Note Tag Punch.
For a touch of blink, I took a Rhinestone Basic Jewels Embellishment and sponged it with the same ink pad I used for the sentiment.
For the smaller card, I took a sheet from the Stacked With Love Designer Series Paper pad, and scored it in half. I made the bow and attached it with Glue Dots.
It only took me about 5 minutes to make them both.
You certainly don’t have to use Stampin’ Up! products – use what you have on hand along with a bit of imagination.
If you would like to check out all that Stampin’ Up! has to offer, NOW IS THE TIME.
Our Biggest Sales Event of the YEAR!
To place an order, Use Hostess Code QBZYBFET
Basic Black Card Stock 5 1/12″ x 8 1/2″ Scored on long side at 4 1/4″
Mat Calypso Coral Card Stock 5 1/4″ x 4″
Mat Crisp Cataloupe Card Stock 5″ x 3 3/4″
Stacked With Love Designer Series Paper 4 3/4″ x 3 1/2″
Strip of accent paper from Stacked With Love Designer Series Paper 3 1/2″ x 1/4″
Twitterpated sentiment from You Plus Me Stamp Set
Crisp Cataloupe Stamp Pad
Calypso Coral Stamp Pad
Not Tag Punch
Rhinestone Jewel Embellishment
Stacked With Love Designer Series Paper scored on long side at 3 1/3″
Whisper White Card Stock
Bow Builder Punch
If you’re looking for other ideas to make your Valentine’s Day a little bit more special, I’m sharing a few ideas from my favorite bloggers.
- Romantic Lavender Linen Spray from Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Homemade Bath Salts from Momma D Jane
- Pomegranate Cherry Parfait from Upstate Rambling
- Chocolate Strawberry Muffins from Day by Day in Our World
- Glittered Wine Glasses from How Was Your Day?
- Sparkling Cider Etched Bottle with Love Printable by A Mom’s Take
- Valentine’s Day Breakfast Recipe by Our Family World
- DIY Heart Handwarmers by About A Mom
- Reeses Pieces Valentine Jar by This Mama Loves
- Valentine’s Day Wall Hanging by Better in Bulk
- Decadent Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake Recipe from My So Called Balanced Life
- Strawberry Cream Parfait for your Cubit from 2Boys + 1Girl = One Crazy Mom
- White Chocolate Valentine Hearts from Views from the Ville
- Valentine Love Letters Craft from Philzendia
- DIY Valentine’s Bath Fizzies from Simply Southern Mom
- Heart Shaped Oatmeal Dog Treats from Two Little Cavaliers
- Mason Jar Valentine’s Day Craft from Sunshine and Sippy Cups
- Valentine’s Class Parties from The Guavalicious Life
- Mini Meatloaves for Valentine’s Day Dinner from Mom on the Side