The aging process of the skin can begin as early as your mid-20’s. During this decade is when many young people spend time outdoors, take adventures and even enjoy tanning in the sun. However, exposure to the ultra-violet rays of the sun are what causes wrinkles via premature damage to the skin. When your skin tans or becomes otherwise damaged by UV rays, it can trigger a reaction in the epidermis (top layer of skin) known as oxidation.
Once this reaction occurs, skin cells can become damaged due to an imbalance of electrons. You see, when free radicals are produced inside your skin they are out of balance themselves and thus “steal,” the electron they are missing from one of your healthy skin cells. This causes the atoms inside of your cells to disturb the molecules in the skin, resulting in skin damage that speeds the natural aging process. Ultimately, once the oxidation process begins it can damage genetic material (DNA) and even cause skin cells to stop functioning.
Additional skin damage that commonly occurs around the age of 30 includes dehydration, fine lines, wrinkles, creasing and a loss of youthful, springy texture. These signs of aging also continue through your 40’s, 50’s and beyond so it’s important to know how to slow the signs of aging during any decade.
How to Reduce Wrinkles During Every Decade
When we are young, it is very common to ignore anti-aging skin care routines. But, it’s never too early to start taking care of the skin you’re in to prevent the signs of aging. In fact, during your 20’s it is the best time to start using anti-aging skincare products like moisturizers, sunscreen and exfoliants.
Try these 5 ways to get rid of wrinkles as you age:
1. In Your 20’s. During this decade the most important thing to remember about how to reduce wrinkles is to wear broad-spectrum sunscreen. Use a non-toxic formula with a sun protection factor (SPF) of at least 15 any time you are outside. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration recommends using brad-spectrum sunscreen any time you are exposed to UVA and UVB rays – two causes of premature aging skin. This one small change in your anti wrinkle skin care can make a BIG difference later on in your 40’s and 50’s.1
2. In Your 30’s. This is the decade when your time outdoors can catch up with you. In your 30’s you may start to notice the first signs of skin aging including lines, creases, “crow’s feet” and dehydration. During this decade many people report dark spots and other forms of hyperpigmentation including patches most commonly seen on the forehead, cheeks and chin. These types of dark spots are commonly the result of a lack of proper skincare in your 20’s. However, you may be able to get your regular skin tone back with the addition of anti wrinkle skin lighteners. These types of skincare products commonly include ingredients to lighten dark spots including Vitamin C, Azelaic acid, Glycolic acid, Kojic acid and Retinoid (Vitamin A) or Hydroxypinacolone Retinoate (hpr).
3. In Your 40’s. At this point in the aging process, it is rare for someone NOT to show the signs of skin aging. During this decade it’s time to kick your anti wrinkle skin care regimen into high gear. When you see vertical lines forming between the eyes, around the mouth or a lack of fullness overall in your skin, adding hydraulic acid replenishes your youthful look. Unlike any other moisturizer, hyaluronic acid works inside each skin cell to plump it up with water. This effect is smoother skin texture and fewer wrinkles.
4. In Your 50’s. After 40, skin aging includes the breakdown of components in your skin responsible for it’s structural integrity. This is the decade when two compounds known as elastin and collagen start to breakdown. It’s these components that hold up the intracellular matrix of healthy youthful skin. When they breakdown in the skin, you may notice that wrinkles, creases and deep lines form faster. It’s also during this time sagging
is a common development. In order to stave off the signs of aging skin unique to your 50’s, maintaining ideal skin care practices through the decades is essential.
If you were not able to, never fear! It’s not too late to change the face of your 50’s. Simply add a gentle skin regenerator to your current skincare product list. This may include the Revivatone Intensive Neck and Chest Repair Complex for hydration, repair, as well as smoothing away wrinkles. Designed with an exclusive peptide repair complex, along with what you need during every decade to stop what causes wrinkles: hyaluronic acid, skin-protecting squalane, plus peptide proteins to boost collagen and elastin production.
5. In Your 60’s. As we age, the skin continually becomes exposed to more environmental toxins, pollutants and breakdown. Crepe-y skin is the most common wrinkle skin problem for people with aging skin in their 60’s. The ultra-thin crepe-like texture of your skin over 60 is simply due to the natural aging process. In order to maintain strong, healthy skin at this age use a moisturizer that locks natural oils inside the skin and always avoid sun damage. A Vitamin C rich serum makes an ideal skincare product as it helps to prevent dark spots and also boosts the skin’s elasticity thickening collagen to restore firm texture.
Sticking to an Anti-Wrinkle Strategy – At Any Age
Your anti-aging strategy for healthy skin can start as early as your 20’s. That is actually the best time to start using high-quality skincare products however, it’s never too late to start taking great care of the skin you’re in. Follow these 5 tips to get rid of wrinkle skin as you age and keep the firm, dewy texture you love.
I m a post-graduate in English literature and a writer and beauty researcher. I have over a decade of experience in researching and writing as a profession and as a passion. I am a beauty blogger who loves to write articles for beauty and makeup related topics in power of self-motivation.