If the time has come to finally replace those old rusty front gates, you will no doubt be looking at automated units and with a bespoke approach, you can create the perfect feature to complement your home. While the custom gate company has hundreds of fine images of previous projects, they can create a design from the ground up if you have a specific concept in mind.
Regarding materials, there are quite a few. Here is a list of popular materials used for residential gating.
- Hardwood – This is perfect for the country home. The list of timber species is indeed long; pine, oak, elm or seasoned hardwood are all popular, and let’s not forget that you can combine steel, stainless-steel and wrought iron with timber to produce a unique style that perfectly complements the property. When looking at the supplier’s website, browse the many images of previous projects, which should lead to a design choice, then you can discuss the fixtures and fittings. There are many add-ons and accessories that you can incorporate into the design.
- Aluminium – Perfect for the modern looking property, getting an aluminium gate is popular when it comes custom automatic gates for driveways. Search online for a provider who offers made to measure gates and will handle every aspect of the project, from design and initial survey to the final handover to the customer. Aluminium is light, durable and requires no maintenance, making it a firm favourite with homeowners. Talk to a leading custom gate supplier and they can show you a range of images from previous projects and help you make the right choices.
- Wrought Iron – A favourite for period properties, the gates are fabricated at the factory and installed by a team of professionals. Primed and painted, the gates will stand the test of time and if you require a side door for pedestrians, this can be added. You can search online for some great wrought iron gate designs to give you some inspiration.
- Stainless Steel – Many homes and businesses have stainless-steel gates and when you contact a custom gate firm, they would help you to choose the perfect design and with stainless-steel, there is no maintenance and the gates do not corrode. This is ideal for the modern property and with a choice of sliding or side opening, you can select a style that suits you.
- Steel – High grade steel is used for the hinges and tracking. Indeed, the entire gate can be fabricated with steel and you are not limited to colours. Weight is obviously a factor and a large set of gates would require solid anchor posts that can support the weight.
There are a few variables to consider when designing driveway gates – the ground level, whether there is a slope, the amount of space and, of course, the width of the driveway. The best solution would be to invite a representative from a custom gate supplier to your home and the technician can help you to create the perfect design that will be a major feature of the property.