There are few things more enjoyable than a good massage. However, you probably don’t have as many of them as you should. Massages don’t just feel great, but they’re also very beneficial to your physical and psychological health. Read on to learn about the benefits of massage and how massage tables are key to a great massage experience.
Massage can relieve pain, speed healing, and even reduce anxiety and depression.
There’s more to massage than just a pleasant experience. Massage is a powerful way to enhance your life.
Reasons to Have a Massage
- It feels good. What feels better than a massage? A good masseuse will leave you feeling better than you’ve ever If this were the only benefit massage provided, a massage would still be worth the time and money. But massage has much more to offer.
- A massage can decrease anxiety and depression. If you’ve ever had a massage, you know how relaxing it can Studies have shown that receiving a massage on a regular basis can be an effective means of combating anxiety. Interestingly, massage is also used to treat depression.
- Pain reduction. Massage can be healing and can reduce pain. Massage can release endorphins, decrease tightness, and increase blood flow to the area being These effects have the ability to reduce pain. Massage therapy is usually covered after a car accident, and some heath insurance policies cover therapeutic massage.
- Recover faster from Professional athletic teams often have a full-time massage therapist. Massage therapy can increase recovery and aid in the prevention of injuries. Luckily, you don’t have to be a professional athlete to get a massage!
- Reduction in severity and frequency of headaches. Chronic headaches respond positively to If you’re struggling with headaches, massage might be the answer you’re looking for.
- Enhanced immunity. Massage boosts your white blood cell count. White blood cells are a critical part of your body’s ability to fight A strong immune system is also linked to longevity.
- A massage is It relaxes you through and through – physically and mentally.
- Reduce hypertension. Regular massage has been shown to be an effective treatment for hypertension.
- Improved Massage decreases the tightness and pain that often lead to poor posture. Poor posture continues to get worse unless you do something to combat it. Massage can help.
- Reduce fibromyalgia Fibromyalgia is especially responsive to massage. Those with fibromyalgia suffer from pain, anxiety, sleep disturbances, stiffness, and depression. Massage is effective at treating all of these issues. Massage has been highly recommended by my DNP!
- Enhanced mood. Massage has demonstrated the ability to alter one’s mood No one walks away from a massage feeling worse about their life.
- You’ll be more flexible. A massage can really loosen you up. Your range of motion is better after a massage than it was before.
- Improved sleep. You’ll find that you sleep like a baby if you’ve had massage You’ll fall asleep faster and sleep more soundly. A massage is relaxing, but it can also wear you out. Both aid in sleep. My husband will actually fall asleep on the massage table.
Who knew there were so many amazing reasons to get a regular massage?
Massages can be expensive, but there is a solution. Cost isn’t the only factor that has been keeping people away from massage therapy clinics and spas. The pandemic has put a huge dent in the massage industry. I for one cannot bear the thought of enduring an hour of more of having to wear a mask – especially in a face downward position!
You and a friend could do a little research and take turns giving each other a massage a couple of times a week. Husbands and wives can give each other massages. There are lots of different types of massages. There are many educational materials available for anyone wanting to learn how to give an effective massage. Search online for instructional information. YouTube has a ton of videos for beginners and professionals…for all types of massage: shoulder, face & scalp, foot, upper back & neck, lower back, legs, effleurage, and so much more.
- Hot Stone
- Deep Tissue
- Trigger Point
Massage Tables for Home and Professional Use
Having the right massage table can make a big difference in being able to give and enjoy a great massage. Great massage tables can pay for themselves in no time, considering the cost of a professional massage. The fees that you would pay for just a few visits can add up to the amount that you could use to purchase a high quality massage table that you can use in your own home.
What to Look for in a Massage Table
- East to clean
- Easy to set up and take down
- Adjustable height
- Length to fit all people
- Holds weight of most people
- Foldable for mobility and storage
- Removable arm rest
- Back rest
- Space for storage of head and arm rests under table for storage and mobility
- Storage case
When deciding on a massage table for your use, think about additional factor such as shipping costs and the ability to return items. Shipping can sometimes be as much as the table itself so look for a company that will ship at no cost, and 3 Day or more Money Back Guarantee, is a good policy so that you can be sure that the table you purchase will fit your needs!