There is nothing wrong with having plastic or cosmetic surgery. However, when celebrities say they have not had such treatments, when, in fact, they have, it can cause big problems. The social media age has already led a lot of women to feel inadequate, comparing themselves to unrealistic Instagram posts, which is why we believe that honesty is refreshing and important. So, let’s applaud the celebrities that have been honest about their surgical procedures.
Enhancing Your Look
Celebrities who have spoken openly about plastic and cosmetic surgery
- Kelly Rowland – The pop star said she had no hesitations in talking about her breast implants, saying it was a decision for herself and that’s what matters.
- Courteney Cox – Not only did the Friends actress admit to cosmetic surgery, but she also said she went too far with it.
- Chrissy Teigen – The outspoken and refreshingly honest star once said that everything about her was fake except her cheeks.
- Tyra Banks – Tyra Banks has had rhinoplasty. While it was to help her breathe better, she admits she added in some cosmetic surgery too.
- Kaley Cuoco – You may know where from the Big Bang Theory. She has openly talked about her breast implants, stating that they gave her confidence.
What’s the difference between plastic and cosmetic surgery?
Both terms are often used interchangeably. However, despite being very closely related, they are not the same. We will explain the distinct differences between cosmetic and plastic surgery in further detail to give you a better understanding. The first difference is that plastic surgery and cosmetic surgery do not have the same goals. The former is focused on repairing defects to reconstruct normal appearance and function, whereas cosmetic surgery is solely focused on enhancing appearance.
Popular treatments you will find at a cosmetic surgery clinic include skin rejuvenation, such as filler treatments and Botox; body contouring, including liposuction and tummy tucks; facial rejuvenation, such as brow lifts and facelifts; facial contouring, like cheek enhancement or rhinoplasty; and breast enhancement, such as reductions, lifts and augmentation. A plastic surgeon will, therefore, be a cosmetic surgeon – although some practice in both areas! Examples of plastic surgery include scar revision surgery, burn repair surgery, and breast reconstruction. Aside from this, training for cosmetic surgery is obtained separately from plastic surgery training.
Hopefully, you now have a better understanding of the difference between plastic and cosmetic surgery. You then have the option of non-surgical treatments. This is a clinic offering cosmetic treatments that do not require surgery. For example, Botox and fillers are examples of treatments that improve the appearance without surgery being required. You can also get non-surgical breast lifts. This includes treatment that uses lasers to lift and tighten the breasts.
So there you have it: a look at some of the celebrities who have been honest about cosmetic surgery, as well as an insight into the different options out there.