Depending on where you live, there are many scenic rides for those who are interested. You can choose to go on those popular rides or you may know of others that are not so popular. If you are staying in the United States, you might be interested in these scenic rides.
According to the National Geographic website, some of the top 5 scenic rides to take with your motorcycle are:
1. Pacific Coast Highway, Carmel to Morro Bay: California
Riders get to see crashing surf, towering redwood forests, seal-dotted beaches, and etc. It is a cliff-hugging ribbon stretching about 120 miles.
2. Peak to Peak Highway: Colorado
Even though the stretch is barely 60 miles long, it has some of the finest natural scenery, including the Rocky Mountain, thick forests, and alpine meadows.
3. Blue Ridge Parkway: North Carolina and Virginia
This is an iconic mountain route. You will pass by civil war battle sites, through bucolic countryside, the Great Smoky Mountains, Blue Ridge Parkway with sweeping curves and arresting scenery.
4. Tail of the Dragon: North Carolina and Tennessee
This is said to be the number one motorcycle ride in the country. No trucks are allowed here and rides will experience the sheer exhilaration when testing out their cornering skills.
5. Beartooth Highway: Montana and Wyoming
This stretch is about 68 miles, and is a roller-coaster ride as you travel up through Beartooth Pass in Wyoming. There are great views waiting for you as you zigzag the entire way across the Custer and Shoshone National Forests.
To enjoy all these scenic rides, you will have to personally experience the breath-taking ride yourself. But before you start your bike tour to any of these places, you will have to plan for your ride. If you are a beginner, you can choose to join a guided motorcycle tour. Here are some basic items to get ready. As you pack, you will think of other necessary items to bring along.
· Passport, cash, credit card, travel insurance, travel navigator app on your mobile phone or a travel map.
· Tool kit for emergency repairs and basic maintenance.
· Luggage bag for your clothing, sleeping bag, and tent, etc.
· Safety helmet – a full face helmet will provide the necessary protection for long rides. If you need to get a new helmet, you can find good quality motorcycle helmets for sale at BikeBandit.com. If you are a woman rider, there are also helmets with nice designs and colors to choose from. You can easily pick one from the many motorcycle helmets for women from the store.
· Good quality protective jacket – these days, women’s motorcycle jackets are of good quality and fashionable.
· Other riding gear such as riding pants, gloves, goggles, boots, and etc.