Lots of people are looking for ways to improve their hair growth. The two most common methods are hair growth serums and supplements. So, it’s important to know the best hair growth serum and the best options available for your circumstance. Here are some details to help get you started.
7 Technologies Proven To Stimulate Hair
- Minoxidil – Minoxidil is a regulated FDA-approved medication that claims to treat pattern baldness. It is a vasodilator and is used topically to treat thinning hair. If you are not devoted to using Minoxidil, your previous state of baldness can return. You should see the desired results in about four months.
- Finasteride – Finasteride, another FDA-approved medication, comes in pill form and blocks an enzyme that causes hair loss. It increases testosterone levels, which results in hair growth. However, hair growth only lasts as long as the medication is being used. Hair loss will occur when you stop the medication.
- Laser Options – Laser options are a common form of treatment. This option entails using laser light at low levels exposing the scalp and hair follicles to the light. This is performed by an expert in a doctor’s office. However, be prepared for a hefty cost if using this method. On the other hand, there are less expensive, FDA-approved and convenient methods such as the laser hair cap. These use red light to encourage blood flow and therefore trigger hair growth.
- Hair Transplant – This option is a surgical procedure performed with local anesthesia or sedation. Hair will be removed from one area and transplanted to another of your scalp. A combination of treatments will likely be recommended in addition to this method to help with the new growth.
- Microneedling – During this procedure, needles create small wounds to improve hair follicle health. Your scalp is numbed to prevent the pinpricks from being painful. This results in new hair growth. There is evidence that it may thicken hair. This process can help topical methods absorb better.
- Platelet Replacement Therapy – This therapy uses platelet-rich plasma injected into wounds created from micro-needling to support hair growth. It is used in conjunction with hair transplant procedures to help stimulate hair growth. Because this process uses your cells, there is less chance of an allergic reaction than medications.
- Way of Life and Homemade Options – There are many factors in your life that can contribute to hair loss. Stress and poor nutrition are clear-cut contributions to overall health issues. Tackling these can be the first option when trying to promote hair growth. There are specific vitamins, including hair growth supplements for women, that you can use to promote hair growth to get you started.
Essential Vitamins for Your Hair
Hair loss can be a manifestation of low iron. Women and those on special diets tend to have this issue. Supplementing with iron pills and foods rich in iron can help.
Vitamin C is necessary for iron absorption. So, include vitamin C-rich foods in your diet or take a supplement if you are not getting enough from food sources.
Low levels of vitamin D can be related to hair loss. The best way to ensure your levels are satisfactory is to take a vitamin D supplement.
Zinc plays a role in making protein for your hair. Take a supplement or eat zinc-rich food to protect against low levels.
In summary, there are multiple things you can do to help support hair growth and repair the loss of your hair. Along with the medical options are home remedies and vitamins such as from Skincare Foundation. Treatment may include multiple methods at one time. Do your research to find the best options for your needs.
There You Have It – Hair Growth Serums vs. Hair Growth Supplements
Leave a comment and let us know which one is right for you!