Disclaimer: Beautiful Touches received product from Console Vault to facilitate this posting (which is part of our Gift Ideas and Buying Guides publications). No monetary compensation has been exchanged. All opinions stated are those of the author and recipient of products.
With our busy lives, we spend a LOT of time in our cars/trucks. They are often our offices, and some truly live in their vehicles. So, that means we have important items in them, that need to be kept safe and secure. Console Vault for the win.
Console Vaults manufacturers high security vaults for cars, trucks, SUV’s, and Harley Davidson motorcycles. And, you can be sure that they are of the best quality. Their safes are designed to meet the rigorous quality standards of the OEM vehicle manufacturers. So, no matter where you go, peace of mind travels with you!
Info from Console Vault
Our mission is to be the #1 company for in-vehicle safes. Founded in 2002 by two entrepreneurs who were personally impacted by smash & grab car thefts, they set out to create peace of mind and a solution for people to feel confident that what they secure in their vehicle will be there when they return.
Console Vault in-vehicle safes are designed to be the most innovative, highest quality products with guaranteed fit, styling and durability. Each safe is custom designed for easy installation for a wide and ever-growing range of vehicles
Whether for yourself or a loved one, Console Vault in-vehicle safes will secure your most valuable possessions whenever or wherever your journeys take you.
All of Console Vault’s products are made proudly in the United States.
You have the choice of three types of locks.
- The Barrel Key Lock features a highly secure lock that opens using a rugged barrel-style key. Its simple design provides quick and easy access to the contents of your vault – Barrel Key Lock comes with two sets of keys for secure safe access.
- The Keyless 3 Combo Lock is the most popular option among our customers. Featuring a keyless option that avoids the possibility of losing one’s key – The Keyless 3 Combo Lock device uses a manual three-digit combination for its locking mechanism.
- The new 4-Digit Mechanical Lock is for those requiring the ultimate in security. Featuring all metal components and easy-to-read numbers -The new 4-Digit Mechanical Lock provides you with 10,000 possible combinations.
Although there are vaults to fit a large line up of vehicles (Cadillac, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Dodge, Ford, GMC, Harley Davidson, Hummer, Jeep, Lincoln, Nissan, Subaru, Toyota, and Volkswagen), ours is not yet on the list, BUT, they did have a model for my son-in-law’s truck and motorcycle. He was thrilled to give them a try. He said that installation was a breeze, taking no more than 10 minutes. He did want me to share a few things that you may want to take into consideration:
- Once installed in his truck he was not able to access his phone charger ports.
- The tray that was between the seats no longer fits.
If these are not an issue for you, then the protection of your belongings outweighs the disadvantages. As far as motorcycles go, this is not an issue at all.
NOW THIS IS HUGE – if you keep a handgun in your car YOU are responsible for knowing and following the laws of the state that you live in. Keeping your handgun secure, yet easily accessible at all times is a great reason for having a Console Vault.
So, your thoughts? What would you keep in your Console Vault?